Andhra Pradesh Badikosta Scheme – The Andhra Pradesh government has come up with a new scheme for the girl students of the state. The name of the scheme is Badikosta Scheme. Under this scheme, the state government will provide free bicycle to all girl students of the state studying in government schools, in 8th and 9th class.
Launch Details of Andhra Pradesh Badikosta Scheme
The Andhra Pradesh Government made the revised announcement for this scheme on the 15th of June, 2018. Basically, AP government launched this scheme during the financial year 2016–2017. The state will start the bicycle distribution from Chittoor district in AP.
Features of Andhra Pradesh Badikosta Scheme
- Development of Girl Students – The main motive of the state government behind launching this scheme is to develop the overall education system in the state.
- Increase Attendance in Schools – These free bicycle will help the students to reach their schools on time without any problem which will result in increasing the attendance of the students in the schools.
- Number of Beneficiaries – The Andhra Pradesh Government has started this scheme with the distribution of free bicycles to 32,000 girl students, living in the Chittoor district. The state government will focus other areas for the distribution of free bicycles under this scheme after the distribution in this region is complete.
Eligibility Criteria for Andhra Pradesh Badikosta Scheme
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of the state.
- For this scheme, only girl students are eligible for this free bicycle scheme.
- Only those girl students will be benefitted by free bicycle who are studying in government schools.
- Only those students who are studying in 8th and 9th class are eligible for this scheme.
The Andhra Pradesh Government has sanctioned about 40 crores for fulfilling the financial requirements if this project. Out of this total amount, Rs.12 crore will be spent on the female students, living in the Chittoor district.