Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Required Aadhar Details
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme – The Tamil Nadu Government will provide 50% subsidy to the women on the purchase of two wheeler scooters under the recently launched Tamil Nadu Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2018. The main motive of the state government behind launching this scheme is to make the women of the state self-independent.
Guidelines / Requirement of Aadhar Card for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- In order to avail the benefits of the scheme, all the interested women will be required to provide their Aadhaar details.
- The Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women Limited (TNCDW) has notified the requirement of Aadhaar details for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme.
- As per the released notification, the Managing Director of the Corporation Mr. Praveen P. Nair, said that under the subsidy scheme, the utilization of the Aadhaar details would ensure accuracy and in ascertaining the identity of the beneficiaries at the grass-roots level.
- The notification also stated that the beneficiaries in possession of the Aadhaar card should register their Aadhaar number as part of their enrolment in the Amma two-wheeler scheme, which will be launched on February 24.
- All those applicants who did not have Aadhar Card till now should apply for the same at any Aadhaar enrolment center / permanent enrolment center.
- Besides this, those applicants who have enrolled for Aadhaar but not received the card should register their 28-digit Aadhaar enrolment ID, which is printed on the enrolment slip.
According to the information provided by the officials of TNCDW, the Aadhaar card was one of the documents needed to be provided by the applicants. Besides this, they also noted that the Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act, 2016, permitted the use of the Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual, and this was a statutory notification.
For instance, the differently-abled would have to produce their disability certificate, and beneficiaries from the SC/ST communities should provide their community certificate.