Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana – The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana was launched on October 2, 2007. Considering social security through the Ministry of Finance, it was made completely Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana on January 1, 2013, by connecting the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) and Janshree Bima Yojana.
Benefits of Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
|S.No||Benefits of AABY||Benefit Amount|
|1||On Natural Death||30,000|
|2||On Death due to accident/on permanent total disability due to accident*||75,000*|
|3||On Partial permanent disability due to accident||37,500|
|4||Scholarshup Benefits to two children/eligible family studying in 9th to 12th Standard**||12,00 / per child**|
*Disability mainly consists of two eyes, two fingers, one eye and one finger disability.
**Under the Scholarship Benefit, maximum two children studying between 9th to 12th in scholarship are given scholarships per 100 rupees per child. It is paid annually on first July and 1st of every year.
- Applicant’s age must between 18 and 59 years of age.
- The applicant should be the head of the family or the earning member of the household / below the poverty line / those above the poverty line who live in the city but they have not been given the identity of the urban area / the village should be landless.
- Apart from this, some government documents are also required.
- Ration card
- Birth certificate
- Evidence of school certificate
- Voter id
- Identity card provided by the government department
- Aadhar Card
Premium for the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
For premium of 30,000 rupees, every person is charged Rs 200 per year. In which 50 percent of the protection fund is borne by the state government or union territory. In the case of other professional groups, the remaining 50 percent is borne by the premium nodal agency / member / state government or union territory.
Procedure for Claiming Insurance
Death or disability claims under this scheme should be decided by the P & GS Unit of LIC. They pay directly to beneficiaries through NEFT. If NEFT facility is not available, then the money is transferred directly to the beneficiary’s bank account. For this, pre-approval is required from the competent authority, A / C payable check or claim can be paid by any other method set by the AIC.
Procedure for Claiming Insurance On Death
- The application has to be made by the nominee.
- With the application, the death certificate and claim amount have to be submitted.
- The claim papers are verified by the concerned nodal agency.
- After this, the Nodal Agency verifies by going to the house of the person with your claim paper (claim sheet).
- The claim sheet is completed in every sense.
- At the end, with the original copy of certified copy, the nodal agency presents it to the insurance agency.
Procedure for Claiming Insurance On Accident
The process will require the following documents –
1. Copy of FIR
2. Post Mortem Reports
3. Police inquiries report
4. Last report of the police
Procedure for Claiming Scholarship
Under this, the person taking the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana, whose child is eligible for this scholarship, has to submit the application form to Nodal agency every 6 month month. The nodal agency will recognize it and verify it. After this, the Nodal Agency will officially submit the list of beneficiary students to the P & GS unit in which these things will be included:
- Name of Student
- name of school
- Name of the Insurance Scheme Member
- Member’s policy number
- Member number
- NEFT Details for Direct Payment
How to Apply for Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
In order to apply for the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana, the rural landless families can apply in the registered NGO as per the rules, in the Union Territory of Union / State / India / Union Territory and any other institutional arrangement. This scheme is not only for people of rural areas, but people who live in the city but do not have any certificate of urban area, then those people can also join this scheme.
Hope you got all information related to this insurance scheme, if you have any query then comment down, we will surely help you.